What's coming up

What's coming up

by Christophe Heintz -
Number of replies: 0

Dear all,

Here is, as requested, a message about what is coming up, in the course Experimental Economics. 

1. Our next session is on social norm. The text to read is from Krupka and Weber. It builds upon our good old dictator game, but attempts to document what people believe is the social norm.

2. The session after this one is on Mind-Directed preferences. We'll read a text about punishment: that it has a communicative function. (Note that I have changed the initial paper from Ho et al. for an easier one from Molnar et al.)

3. We will then move to the topic of coordination. Two sessions will be dedicated to it.

===What you have to do===

a. Read the papers for the sessions, as usual. I have updated the Moodle and the google spreadsheet so as to avoid incoherence.

b. If you have not done a presentation, please check the updated spreadsheet: Nov. 26th is still not booked.

c. You might also want to prepare for the sessions on coordination. For these sessions, it would be good for you to have some very basic notions of Game Theory.

I will not give a lecture on Nash equilibrium (remember, this is a research course for which you signed up!). However, it would be useful for you to know what "Pure Nash equilibrium" means. I have included in the Moodle a link to some online videos and a set of exercises. You are encouraged to do these exercises for November 18th.

--> More on this homework:

i) It also include exercises on modelling social preferences (based on the Charness and Rabin model).

ii) The notion of mixed-strategy Nash equilibrium is less useful for our goals and maybe a bit more advanced. So the exercise 4 might not be your priority.

iii) As before: doing the exercises is a way for you to get some familiarity with relevant notions. Doing them is not a requirement for the course. You just get a 2 points bonus on the 100 if you do.

iv) I will not dedicate a lot of time to correct the exercises, but I will post the corrections online.

d. Start to think about your essays! We will have a session on December 2nd, where you will be requested to state your ideas.

Christophe