Teacher Faq - course editing
Basic Course Editing
How to upload readings/materials?
1. The most convenient way to upload files is the drag and drop method.
- Open the folder on your computers’ desktop (containing the files).
- Select the files with your mouse. (You can select more than one file if you hold the CTRL key during the process).
- Click on that selection, but HOLD your finger on the left mouse button and start to move the cursor towards your course.
- (Optional: If you can`t see the browser window at the moment, move the cursor above the browser on the TRAY – and the window will open up.)
- Move the cursor to the appropriate section of the course and RELEASE the left mouse button.
You will see that the files are uploading to the course.
If you experience any problems:
- Make sure that you are using an up-to-date browser: Chrome 11, Firefox 4, Safari 5, IE 10
- The max. file size of any file uploaded is 50 Mb by default (you can change this at the "course settings".
- Make sure that the Editing is enabled (Turn editing on)
- Check if your internet access is stable. Uploading large files can be really slow compared to browsing pages, so Wifi access can cause problems here.
2. Alternatively you can use the menu to upload a file (but it takes more time)
Select the "Add an activity or resource" link at the appropriate section.
Select " Single File" (you may have to scroll down).
Fill in the "name" field, then select the upload icon > Choose a file > Select the file on your computer and click the “Upload this file” button and save.
A folder allows a teacher to display several readings together. With the drag and drop method, you have to Zip the files on your computer, and drag the Zip files in or use the Add an activity or resource menu, select "multiple files", fill in the name field, and drag or add the files one by one before you save. (Add an activity or resource > folder)
4. Upload limit
the largest file you can upload is 50MBs. If necessary, you can change this
limit to 500MBs at the "course settings" menu in the administration.