Frequently asked questions by course editors and quick videos about common administrative functions of Moodle
Create Activities (give tasks to students)
How to create a Board for students to post and vote (Padlet substitute)?
The Board module for Moodle is a plugin that enables a post-it board activity for students. This is a collaborative activity where the teachers sets out a number of columns with optional names and then students add contributions to columns.
- Students do not see who has posted what
- Nobody can vote on her own posts
- Contributions can be exported by instructors in excel (with student names) at the board administration
1. Go to the course, Turn editing on > Add an activity and resource and select "Board" from the activities tab.
2. Write instructions into the description field, and add a title.
Relevant options what can be changed at "board settings":
- Rating is enabled by default, you can disable it
- You can add a deadline for student posts
Save the form as you are ready.
3. Open the Board and set up how many columns are needed. You can remove them with X and add new ones with +.
Heading titles can be changed with double click and saved with ENTER.
4. Students can add posts to any column - this is simple text, and an image, link or video can be attached to posts.