Teacher Faq - course editing
Videos - Panopto
You can add a video into the course as a Panopto video activity - enrolled students will have access automatically.
- Open the course > Turn editing on > Add an activity or resource > Select Panopto video > Click on "select content".
A pop-up window will appear.
Important: If you get an error message or the popup window prompts you to log in:
- Enable the 3rd party cookies in your browser
- Disable any adblocker extensions in your browser
- After you changed your settings close and reopen the browser
- If you encounter a problem with Google Chrome, enter the following into your browser location bar and select “Disabled” in the drop-down for the "samesite by default cookies" setting:
a) If you have your video on your computer
select the "Upload' tab. Select the video from your computer > wait until it is uploaded > Click insert and save the form.
If you do not change the default folder, the video will be uploaded into the Panopto folder of the course. After the upload/processing is ready, students will have access.
b) If you have the video in Panopto already
Choose the folder > Select the video > Click insert and save the form.
If the video is not stored in the folder of the course, students will have access. but other teachers of the Moodle course will not have editing rights, they will be able to view it only.
Rare issues: The authentication to Panopto may fail occasionally - if this happens you will see a login screen in the small window. If this happens, close the small window, log in again, and repeat the process.
II. Advanced method - you need to create the videos first
If you need further help regarding Panopto, contact the classroom support.