1. Course creation
1. Go to the relevant category
2. You will find the "Add a new course" button below the course list. (if you can not see this button, you do not have rights in that category)
Most important Settings you can change / fill in (you can always check the ? icon next to the settings for more information).
- Full name: This is the course title - This must be a unique name on the Moodle server.
- Short name: Short title (this will show up in the “breadcrumbs” listing) If it is not unique, the system will prompt you for a different name when you try
to save your settings. It is recommended to use a name you and your students will be able to easily identify.
- Category: You can select which the folder, where the course will be located.
- Course format: Open the submenu to change this setting. The default is "topics" format, which means that the sections are marked with " Section 1, 2..." etc. You can select "weekly" format instead, this way the course will automatically calculate dates from the course "start date" for each section.
NEW: The students can change between the sections with the "navigation drawer", so they do not have to scroll in long courses.
The single activity format can be handy for special courses, when you only want one activity, like a forum to be in the course.
- Summary: A paragraph explaining the “course” (Students and Guests will be able to see this without enrolling to the course). You can copy/paste the
relevant summary from your syllabus here. You can also upload “course summary” files if needed (syllabi). This can be really useful, if you would like to share some information with students without Infosys registration. You can find more about this at "Possibilities outside a course".
NEW: You can restrict CEU users or users from a specific department for this summary. The summary info will be also displayed in the footer section of the course.
- Infosys synchronization code: You may not have rights to edit this. This is a number which connects the course to Infosys. This is a 5 digit number (e.g. 32321) , NOT the departmental code (LANG 4234)
If the course is synchronized to Infosys, then students will be automatically enrolled on this course when they log in to Moodle if they are registered in Infosys. They will not be able to access the course if it is not visible. It the course is not synchronized, but it should be, ask for support (firstname.lastname@example.org)