Students Faq - general technical problems
Problem opening / downloading a PDF (reading)
The most common reason for this error is the Browser / Adobe browser plugin (either too new or too old version). The easiest solution is opening an other browser (if you use Firefox, then Chrome or vice versa). This will solve this problem most of the time.
Also, you can force download the PDF file. It is a little different in the browsers.
- In chrome, you need to hold the ALT button and click the link.
- In Firefox, you can change the setting this way:
- Click the menu button and select Settings.
- In the General panel, go to the Applications section.
- Select the Content Type entry. The Action column will give you a drop-down menu, with options on the action to take.
- So select PDF and "SAVE file" instead of open in Firefox.
If you still have a problem contact the helpdesk. If nobody can open the reading, contact your professor.